Friday, December 29, 2006

Our LID One Year Anniversary!


Well, one year ago today China logged in all our paperwork into their computers. Some days it's hard to believe that it's been a whole year and some days it's feels MUCH longer!!!

I want to share something that someone on one of my Yahoo groups posted to our group recently:


This process has given us "time to learn about China and adoption and attachment, to learn about raising children in a multicultural family. This time has been a blessing because it has given us an opportunity to anticipate our daughter in a way 6 to 8 months would not have afforded us. We want our daughter here today as much as anyone, but she is not, so therefore we have chosen to look at the one year anniversary of our LID as a blessing for all of these reasons." (Thanks to Susan Rizzo for this inspiring outlook!)


I am just feeling blessed today that we are able to be a part of this process--that God has chosen us to build our family by choosing Sarah as our daughter from China. I have met some amazing women through this process and I feel that I will be a better mom because of their support and friendship!


So, I look at today as one year, one step closer to our daughter and we will go as far as we have to for her!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year! I hope you have a blessed 2007!

Anonymous said...

Hi. I found your blog through googling my own name, actually. Well, I was a little bored. :) I just want to say that you are such a strong woman for going through this process. I don't know if I would be able to do it...I'm so impatient as is. Well, God Bless and Have a very blessed 2007!

Blessings, Sarah E. Cook