Sunday, July 29, 2007

At 19 months, There Is A Reason



Today is our 19 month anniversary of our LID. How much longer? Unfortunately, no one knows, but it WILL come! Steve and I have faith in that and know that we will soon be parents. This adoption journey sure has tested my faith in God and taught me how much I need to lean on faith and the promises of God. He is the one that created the blessing of adoption in our hearts and will make it happen. We are so grateful to be on this journey, no matter how long we have to wait.
There is a new song by Caedmon's Call that helps remind me that 'There is a Reason' and God will have our Sarah ready for us in His perfect time.

There is a Reason

Late at night I wonder why
Sometimes I wonder why
Sometimes I’m so tired
I don’t even try
Seems everything around me fails
But I hold on to the promise
That there is a reason

Late at night, the darkness makes it hard to see
The history of the saints who’ve gone in front of me
Through famine, plague and disbelief
His hand was still upon them
Cause there is a reason

There is a reason
He makes all things good
He makes all things good
There’s a time to live and a time to die
A time for wonder and to wonder why
Cause there is a reason
There is a reason

I believe in a God who sent His only son
To walk upon this world and give His life for us
With blood and tears on a long, dark night
We know that He believed
That there is a reason
There is a reason

For the lonely nights
And broken hearts
The widow’s mite
In the rich man’s hand
And the continent
Whose blood becomes a traitor

For the child afraid to close their eyes
The prayers that seem unanswered
There is a reason
There is a reason

4 comments:

Alyson and Ford said...

All in God's time. We are so blessed during this wait. We have so much to be thankful for. Thanks for a great post.

Alyson
LID 01/27/06

Anonymous said...

I needed that so much today, in so many ways. Thank you for putting that song up there. And THANK YOU for your sweet note. It's up on my fridge.

comingaroundagain said...

Yes, there is a reason! I can say that and really believe it too now.

What God provides for us is pretty incredible... I couldn't have thought up better reasons for 'waiting' than what has occurred.

Anonymous said...

That was beautiful. The wait is long, but God has something incredible for us when we reach the end. His time is the right time!

On a lighter note, you've been tagged for a meme. Check out my blog for the info :)

Susan